Amherst Town Manager Paul Bockelman presented his FY 2024 budget to the Town Council during their meeting on Monday, May 1st. . To view the recording of this meeting, please click here. The budget includes all aspects of Town operations including Municipal, Schools, Library, and Capital for the fiscal year July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024 (FY24). The five-year Capital Improvement Program is also incorporated as part of this budget submission.
This budget represents the Town Manager's recommendation to the Town for funds needed to deliver superior government services, efficiently and effectively, to the Town’s residents, businesses, institutions, and visitors. It reflects the priorities identified by the Town’s elected officials. The budget maintains core services and a highly qualified leadership team and Town staff so that we are well positioned to recover quickly from the economic downturn. Lastly, it is built on a realistic expectation of revenue streams that can be sustained into the future.
Please explore the resources below, as well as several upcoming opportunities to discuss, engage, and share your feedback on the proposed budget.
- View the FY 2024 Budget webpage, which contains all of the documents and materials at www.amherstma.gov/budget
- Engage, share feedback, and ask questions about the FY 2024 Budget via our dedicated Engage Amherst page at www.engageamherst.org/budgetFY24
- Attend the Cuppa' Joe with Amherst Town Manager Paul Bockelman and Finance Director Sean Mangano on Friday, May 12th from 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM at the Bang's Community Center Large Activity Room for an infromal conversation on the budget and more. View more event info here.
- Join in on Monday, May 15th at 5:30 PM Finance Committee Public Hearing on the FY2024 Budget, learn more at www.amherstma.gov/towncouncil
- Join in on Monday, May 15th at 6:00 PM Public Forum on Capital Improvement Program, learn more at www.amherstma.gov/towncouncil
- Access the full FY 2024 Budget Calendar at www.amherstma.gov/budget
Over the course of the next four weeks, the Finance Committee will meet with the Town Manager, Finance staff, and individual department heads to review the specific components of the budget. The Finance Committee will then make a recommendation to the full Town Council. (Note that the Town Council voted to separately consider the Amherst-Pelham Regional School District budget. The Town Council approved the Regional School District budget on April 24, 2023.) The Town Council shall adopt the budget, with or without amendments, by June 30, 2023
Contact: Brianna Sunryd, Director of Communications & Civic Innovation, Community Paritcipation Officer at email@example.com