In accordance with Charter section 5.6, on Monday, April 24, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. the Town Council will hold a Public Forum regarding an appropriation outside the annual budget:
- Order FY23-16A: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Cannabis Impact Special Revenue Fund
- Order FY23-04C: An Order Appropriating a supplemental increase to the Town of Amherst Solid Waste Enterprise Fund Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2023
- Order FY23-13D: An Order Rescinding Authorized but Unissued Bonds originally approved by vote taken under Council Order 21-09D, Reuse Water
- Order FY23-13E: An Order Rescinding Authorized but Unissued Bonds originally approved by vote taken under Council Order 21-09C, Gravity Belt Thickener
- Order FY23-09B: An Order Approving and Authorizing Borrowing to Fund Capital Projects – Bond Authorizations for Gravity Belt Thickener
- Order FY23-05D: An Order Appropriating Funds for a Portion of the Town of Amherst Capital Program – Demolition of the Gas Station located at 24 Montague Road and site improvements
The appropriation request memo and orders are available here: https://www.amherstma.gov/Admin/DocumentCenter/Document/View/66424/8f-Memo-to-Town-Council---Funding-Requests---03-30-2023
More than one-half of the meeting time on the agenda will be devoted to public comment.
A regular Town Council meeting will follow the Public Forum.
The Public Forum will be accessible in person, by Zoom, and by phone.
In person: Town Room, Town Hall, 4 Boltwood Ave. Amherst, MA
Phone: call (301) 715-8592; enter webinar ID when prompted: 823 6557 0963. To indicate you with to make a comment click "raise hand" on your computer or dial *9 on your telephone.
If you have questions, please contact Clerk of the Council Athena O’Keeffe, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 259-3209.
The reference cited above is from the Amherst Home Rule Charter