NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CDBG Advisory Committee
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Virtual Zoom meeting: https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/84938610265
The Public Hearing will be conducted virtually at https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/84938610265 and will accommodate public comment to the extent practical. To join the meeting via telephone: Call (312) 626-6799 or (646) 876-9923 and enter Webinar ID when prompted: 849 3861 0265.
The Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) has designated the Town of Amherst a Mini-Entitlement Community that is eligible to apply for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. CDBG funds support housing, community development projects, and social service activities benefiting low-and moderate-income citizens. In accordance with DHCD regulations, Amherst’s CDBG Advisory Committee will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 7pm to receive comments and suggestions from local residents regarding:
- Current activities from the 2021 grant:
- Amherst Housing Authority—roofing at Watson Farms
- Town of Amherst—sidewalks on Kellogg Ave and trail at Hickory Ridge
- Social Services—Survival Center Food Pantry, Big Brothers Big Sisters Youth Mentoring, The Literacy Project Adult Education, Amherst Community Connections Homelessness services, Family Outreach Housing Support Program
- Outcomes and effectiveness of the CDBG program:
- Public outreach process
- Community priorities
More information can be viewed on the committee’s webpage: https://www.amherstma.gov/1122/CDBG-Advisory-Committee
Any person or organization wishing to be heard will be afforded an opportunity. Reasonable accommodations such as language translations services can be provided if requested 7 days before the meeting via a written request to the Town Manager’s Office or Mr. Malloy. Questions and written comments may be submitted to Planner, Nate Malloy (firstname.lastname@example.org).