Due to anticipated weather, the Town of Amherst has declared a Town Parking Ban for Wednesday, January 25th from 11:59pm through Thursday, January 26th at 7:00am.
During a declared Parking Ban, parking is prohibited from midnight to 7:00 am on all town streets and in all parking lots, with 3 exceptions.
During this period of parking ban, overnight parking is allowed in:
1. The lower level of the parking garage,
2. The town portion of the Pray Street Lot,
3. Northern row of the town N Pleasant St Lot (row closest to church only).
Otherwise, vehicles will be ticketed and towed nightly, at the owner's expense.
Regular enforcement hours for these lots begins at 8am. Any vehicle left parked in these designated parking area is responsible to pay for parking. Visit our Interactive Map for more information on parking.
Issued by Guilford Mooring, Superintendent of Public Works
Outside the hours of the declared ban during snow events, please park off-street whenever it is possible, to assist the crews in clearing the roads.
WAYS TO STAY INFORMED
1. Watch for the flashing blue lights over busy intersections in Town. When these lights are flashing, there is an active parking ban in place.
2. Visit our website, www.amherstma.gov, to stay up-to-date on the latest announcements, news flashes and alerts.
3. Follow us on Social Media (Facebook & Twitter).
4. Sign up for Parking Ban alerts in your language of choice by clicking here or simply text the word Parking to 38276 from your mobile device for a quick sign-up option.
5. Call (413) 259-3005 and listen to the recording to hear whether or not there is an active parking ban in place.