Hello Fort River Gardeners, supporters and area residents. The Fort River Garden Circle is hosting a Fall Festival at the new Fort River Community Garden in Amherst. The event is for anyone, whether or not you're a gardener. If you think you may want to sign up for a plot next year, this is a great time to have a tour of the garden and meet some of the gardeners!
ORGANIZED BY THE FORT RIVER GARDEN CIRCLE
Gardeners and interested community members, join us to celebrate the harvest and the inaugural year of the Fort River Community Garden!
We will have kid-friendly art activities, food, and opportunities to share stories and our visions for next season. ALL ARE WELCOME - you don’t have to be a gardener to attend.
Fort River Community Garden Location
Enter the driveway at 44-48 Belchertown Road (next to Gil’s Auto & across from Cumberland Farms). Continue all the way back beyond the fence to the Fort River Farm Conservation Area designated parking adjacent to the garden.
Schedule of Activities:
- Delicious food samples prepared by gardeners with vegetables from the harvest
- Pumpkin painting with Emily & Rossana dried flower wreath making with Clarke
- Work with culinary and medicinal dried herbs
- Garden tours
- Story circle with JuPong
- Swap stories from our first year, cultural foodways from our diverse gardeners
- Vision for next year’s garden
Click here for event flyer in English and Spanish
Questions? Contact Stephanie Ciccarello at firstname.lastname@example.org