TOWN COUNCIL PUBLIC HEARING
PROPOSED PARKING REGULATION CHANGES ON NORTH PLEASANT ST FROM HALLOCK ST TO TRIANGLE ST
In accordance with General Bylaws Sec. 3.14 and the Town Council Policy Regarding the Control and Regulation of the Public Ways, the Town Services and Outreach Committee of the Town Council will hold a VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING on Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom.
The Town Council will review and act on parking regulation changes proposed by the Town on North Pleasant Street from Hallock St. To Triangle St., specifically as follows:
- The addition of 25 on street parallel parking spaces.
- The addition of 7 new parallel spaces on the western side of North Pleasant Street from Hallock Street to McClellan Street.
The Town Council may also consider the following alternative options regarding parking regulation:
- Angled parking along the east side of the street and no on-street parking on the west side of the street.
- Designation of some of these new angled parking spaces as handicapped parking
Additionally, the proposed roadway improvements could include:
- Making North Pleasant Street one-way from McClellan Street to Triangle Street.
- Placing the park’s western sidewalk in the currently paved area thus avoiding the removal or significant root damage to 10+ existing trees.
- Removal of the grass belt on the western side of North Pleasant Street from Triangle Street to Hallock Street.
More information and map describing the upgrades to this section of North Pleasant St. available here.
To participate in the Virtual Public Hearing via Zoom, go to https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/81800085088 to indicate you wish to speak, click “Raise Hand” and the Town Services and Outreach Committee chair will recognize you.
To participate in the Virtual Public Hearing via telephone, dial (312) 626-6799 or (646) 876-9923; enter Webinar ID: 818 0008 5088; when prompted to enter participant number, press #; to indicate you wish to speak, press *9 and the Town Services and Outreach Committee chair will recognize you.
Residents and property owners are welcome to express their views during the hearing or in writing.
Written comments may be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
4 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
The above-referenced General Bylaws are available here, and the Town Council Policy Regarding the Control and Regulation of the Public Ways is available here.
If you have questions, please reach out to Clerk of the Council Athena O’Keeffe, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 259-3209.