The Office of the Town Clerk has developed Election 2021 FAQ's, please take a moment to review this important information.
Election 2021 FAQ's
How can I vote in the November 2, 2021 Town Election?
- In person on election day at your polling location, or
- By absentee ballot (the deadline to apply is October 27th by 5 pm if requesting ballot be mailed, and 12:00 noon the day before the election if voting absentee in person at the Town Clerk’s office). Absentee ballots now available to vote over-the-counter. To be eligible to vote by absentee ballot you must meet one of the below criteria:
- absent from town on election day;
- religious belief, or
- physical disability.
- By early mail-in ballot, or
- By early voting in person.
What is the difference between mail-in ballots and absentee ballots?
- Mail-in ballots are allowed without an excuse in order to apply. Click here for more info.
- Absentee ballots require eligibility in order to apply. Click here for more info.
Will there be early voting?
- Yes, there will be early voting fat Town Hall in the First Floor Meeting Room on the below dates:
- Monday, October 25th 8:30a – 4:00p
- Tuesday, October 26th 8:30a – 4:00p
- Wednesday October 27th – 8:30a – 4:00p
- Thursday, October 28th 8:30a – 8:00p
- Friday, October 29th 8:30a – 4:00p
Will there be a preliminary election?
- No, per Town Charter, Section 10.7 (d), a preliminary election was allowed for the initial election of the Council only.
Will ranked choice voting be used for the 2021 town election?
- No, legislation is still pending allowing for the use of ranked choice voting for town elections.
What is the last day to register to vote?
- 20 days before the election, or October 13th by 8:00 pm.
Check your voter status here: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx
Where can I access the Candidate Statements?
Questions? Contact the Town Clerk's Office at email@example.com or by phone at (413) 259-3035
Click here for a PDF of the Election 2021 FAQ's