In light of COVID-19, the Town of Amherst has had to make adjustments to services, policies and has closed buildings to the public. Please see below for an updated list of Town policies and information, including guidance for construction sites & grocery stores. See below:
Town Policy Updates:
- Town of Amherst municipal buildings, including the Town Hall, Senior Center/Bangs Center, Jones library & branches will be closed to the public. Staff is working hard to continue serving the needs of the public. Click here for the Town Staff & Department Directory
- Transfer Station Updates & Restrictions - as of May 21, 2020
- New Guidance Issued for Construction Sites in Amherst - on April 10, 2020
- New Guidance Issued for Grocery Stores - on April 10, 2020
- Puffers Pond Beaches - No swimming or settling/congregating on the beaches - as of April 5, 2020
- Parking enforcement suspended (except violations of handicapped parking spaces, tow zones & overnight snow emergency restrictions) - as of April 3, 2020
- Amherst Public Schools - All school buildings are closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Amherst Fire Department has temporarily suspended smoke detector inspections for sales & transfers.
- Amherst Police Department has suspended non-essential fingerprint for employment, seat belt installations, outreach & community meetings, and the SALT program. There have also been modifications to the firearms licensing process.
How to Stay Informed: