The Town of Amherst Complete Count Committee along with Representative Mindy Domb and Representative Paul W. Mark will host an open conversation on the 2020 Census. The public is invited to join community stakeholders for this important session on Thursday, October 10th from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. in the Amherst Town Hall, Town Room.
The Amherst Complete Count Committee first met on September 16, and made a great start in identifying some obstacles to an accurate count. Looking ahead, we hope to continue to identify concerns and work with our community stakeholders to combat those challenges and share information.
The 2020 Census is Important to Amherst:
- Everyone counts, Amherst is the 9th hardest to count City/Town in Massachusetts;
- It's about Fair Representation;
- It's in the Constitution;
- Your data are confidential;
- It's about redistricting;
- It means $675 billion in federal funding, $16 billion for Massachusetts or $2,372 per person per year.
The Amherst Complete Count Committee will host more events as Census day nears. You can find more information at www.amherstma.gov/census or www.census.gov
Questions? Contact Brianna Sunryd at email@example.com