The Town Council is seeking volunteers to serve on several Town committees that may have vacancies now or beginning in July, including:
- Finance Committee (Section 5.5(b)),
- Planning Board (Section 2.9(c)),
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) (Section 2.9(c)),
- Ranked Choice Voting Commission (Section 10.10), and the
- Participatory Budgeting Commission (Section 10.11).
The Town Council is especially seeking individuals of diverse backgrounds, including those who have no prior municipal government experience.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve, please fill out a Community Activity Form at: www.amherstma.gov/caf
If you have questions, please reach out to the Town Council Outreach, Communications, and Appointments Chair Sarah Swartz SwartzS@amherstma.gov, or our Town Community Participation Officers at email@example.com
The references cited above are from the Amherst Home Rule Charter, https://www.amherstma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/41987/Amherst-Home-Rule-Charter?bidId=
This notice fulfills the Town bulletin board requirement Section 9.12(e).
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am