June 8, 2021
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 939 7027 3438
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,93970273438#,,,,*436793# US (New York)
Hampshire-Franklin Commission on the Status of Women & Girls
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
RECEIVED: 6/4/21 at 1:03 pm. LIST OF TOPICS:
Call to Order.
• Welcoming of Guests. Ten-minute public speak out period.
Check in and Chat about Food Insecurity.
• Introductions of Invited Attendees & Panel Members:
• Senator Jo Comerford·
• Rep. Mindy Domb
• Rep. Natalie Blais
• Rep. Lindsay Sabadosa
• Rep. Jake Oliveira
• Carleen Basler, Amherst Survival Center Prog. Director
• Kirsten Levitt, Director Stone Soup in Greenfield
• Moderator: Laura Sylvester, Commissioner & Treasurer of the HFCSWG and Public Policy Manager, The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts 1. Kirsten and Carleen discussions
2. Solutions to food insecurity: legislators will address what, from their points of view would help lessen/solve the problem.
3. What do legislators see constituents needing that they're not getting?
4. What legislation are they working on or supporting that would help?
6. Favorite low-cost local food recipes, if time permits.