The Town Clerk's responsibilities include recording and preserving the Town’s vital and permanent records in accordance with State statutes, providing quality public service and accessibility to public records, and ensuring compliance with state mandated licensing and filing.
- Provide courteous, competent and efficient services to all residents and visitors alike
- Foster civic education, engagement and participation
- Assure that all eligible residents are able to exercise their fundamental right to vote and make certain that the integrity of their vote is maintained throughout every election
- Uphold Constitutional government, State statutes and the Town of Amherst Bylaws
- Dedicated to the preservation of the Town's vital and historic records for the benefit of future generations