– Fishing is allowed in conservation areas, in accordance with Massachusetts law. A fishing license is required. You must be 15 years old for a fishing license. Refer to Massachusetts Fish and Wildlife for more information on regulations and fishing seasons.
– Hunting is allowed in season in the following conservation areas only: Lawrence Swamp, Holyoke Range, Atkins Flats east of the brook, and Simmons Farm, Katherine Cole, Podick, Houston and Gage, and Eastman Brook. All hunting must be conducted in accordance with Massachusetts law. Refer to Hunting page for more details.
– Swimming at Puffers Pond is at your own risk – no life guards are on duty.
Canoe and Kayak
– May be used only at designated launch ramps.
Horses and Mt. Bikes
- The following areas have no formal trails but are generally dry enough for horse or mountain bike use:
While motorized vehicles are prohibited from all trails, the following trails or sections of trails are off limits to horses and mountain bikes because of seasonally wet conditions or fragile soils:
Norman Cousins - Kestrel Trust (Access trail
from Leverett Road)
Larch Hill & Larch Hill North
Upper & Lower Mill River
Hop Brook & Wentworth Farm
Podick & Katharine Cole
Brickyard - Northern link to Norwottuck Rail Trail