The following is a summary of the routes that will be impacted through the service modifications scheduled for August 27th, September 3rd, or September 5th. For additional information and new schedules, visit the PVTA website (www.pvta.com/info). If individuals have additional questions they may contact the PVTA at 413-781-7882 or toll free at 877-779-7882.
Overview of Service Changes Directly Impacting Amherst
Effective August 27th
R29 - Amherst/Holyoke Via 116 Reduced Weekend Service
• Saturday and Sunday service has been reduced to two round trips per day.
The AM trip will depart the Holyoke Mall at 7:30 AM returning from UMass at 9:00 AM
The PM trip will depart the Holyoke Mall at 5:30 PM returning from UMass at 7:00 PM
Residents should visit PVTA.com for the departure times in their areas
• Amherst residents traveling to the Holyoke Mall on Saturdays and Sundays should use the B43 to Northampton and transfer to the R41
• Amherst Residents traveling on Saturdays and Sundays to downtown Holyoke should use the B43 to Northampton and transfer to the B48.
Effective September 3rd
M40/B43 Minute Man Express – Northampton/Hadley/Amherst (Combined M40 and B43 for Express Service)
• The M40 service will be replaced by the B43 Express trips.
• There are twelve express trips (one way) on the B43 that will provide and expand the former M40 service.
• B43 passengers should be aware of the new express trips as these trips will not stop between Sheldon Field in Northampton and Haigis Mall at UMass.
Effective September 5th
Rt. 46 Amherst/Sunderland/South Deerfield/Whately Reduced Service
• The 9:10 AM from UMass returning from South Deerfield at 9:35 AM has been eliminated.
• The 1:40 PM from UMass returning from South Deerfield at 2:10 AM has been eliminated.
• Passengers using this service should visit the PVTA website for the new schedule.