The 2010 – 2011 Seasonal Flu season is approaching. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. Receiving the vaccine and practicing good health habits will help
stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu.
Protect Yourself…GET VACCINATED!
Good Health Habits 1. Avoid Close Contact with people who are sick.
2. Stay HomeWhen You Are Sick: avoid work, school and errands.
3. Cover Your Mouth and Nose when coughing or sneezing.
4. Wash Your Hands Often using soap and water.
5. Avoid Touching Your Eyes, Nose or Mouth: they can be contaminated with germs.
6. Practice Other Good Health Habits: get extra rest, exercise, drink plenty of water and eat nutritious food. Cold Versus Flu The cold and the flu are both respiratory illnesses caused by different viruses. Telling the difference between a cold and the flu can be difficult because they have similar symptoms. Cold versus Flu flyer (pdf) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Cold versus Flu Information